- When: Wednesday, Jul 22, 2015
- Time: 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
Where: Online + Full Sail University, Winter Park FL – Treehouse
Can’t attend in person? Sign up for Go To Training Today: https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/7121154550749826817
Are you a gamer? Are you thinking about pursuing video game journalism? Here are a few resources to help you start your research.
Three mass-appeal blogs that rose to prominence at similar times. These sites often report in a more personal, informal style.
Seven notable examples of online games journalism. All attempt to cater to a wide audience, contain enormous amounts of information on all the major platforms, offer paid subscriptions (with the exception of GamesRadar and Eurogamer) and have extensive community features.
A media website that specializes in video game related content. It provides free access to original programming (such as reviews and previews), game trailers and recorded game play. Many of the video clips are offered in high definition along with standard definition.
Strategy guides, and previews – Prima Games
One of the biggest producers of video game strategy guides, with over 1000 published books, both Official and Unauthorized, publishers of walkthroughs as well as reviews and previews, of console and home computer programs.
GamePro (ceased publication in 2011)
Nintendo Power (ceased publication in 2012)
Official PlayStation Magazine (United States, United Kingdom, Australia)
Official Xbox Magazine
BioGamer Girl Magazine
• Provide one-on-one employment assistance to both students and graduates.
• Advise students/graduates on interview techniques.
• Critique students/graduates resumes and portfolios.
• Advise students/graduates on job seeking skills and industry trends.
• Provide students/graduates career information, job leads and resources.
• Assist students/graduates in identifying areas requiring further training.
• Establish relationships with businesses and organizations within the industry.
FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY
Career Development Department
Victoria Mattera, MA | Full Sail University
Media Design, New Media Journalism, & Public Relations | Career Development
3300 University Blvd., Winter Park, FL 32792
T: 800.757.5105 | E: email@example.com